The chimney required very significant repair.
The Soft Wood Corner
The North West End
This part of the house was almost certainly built at the early part of the 16th century using Lady Margaret's endowment. Although the facing wall is now brick clad, the wooden frame is exposed and consistent with the construction of most of the 16th century part of the house.
The Single-Storey 19th Century Extension
The Second 15th Century House - Now our small sitting room
Some debate exists as to whether this is an original house on the site at the time Lady Margaret acquired the Manor in 1504/06 or whether this was part of the later 16th Century construction.